Thursday, August 7, 2008

Podcast intro

I have always wanted to create a computer tip of the week podcast. This class gave me the opportunity to experiment and see if it is possible. I had a USB microphone and downloaded a free version of Audacity to edit the wav file.

A coworker (Ken Holmes) is a musician, so I asked him if he had any mp3 sound bites available that I could use as an intro, which he provided. I used Microsoft’s Music Maker to combine a picture and MP3 file. This is so I could upload the podcast file; I had to convert it to a WMA file. The reason for this is that Blogger will not allow us to upload MP3 files, so I went through this file conversion process so it would be available to the class.

2 comments:

edcs855 said...

Did all of the tools you utilized to create your podcast integrate well with each other or as with your mp3 did you need to convert the file formats between each of the tools? How long did the podcast from inception to upload take you to complete? Do you believe the time to create will reduce as you gain experience with the tools?

HM said...

Good points from edcs855. I'm having some difficulty, so if you can get this work tell us. Not sure how recentive people are to podcast with just voice. Sort of like radio...how do you know you have a "marketable" voice?